This week, they opened another section of the rapidway, south of Highway 7 on South Town Centre Boulevard, Cedarland Drive and Warden Avenue.
Riders can now board York Region Transit Viva buses operating along the Viva pink and Viva purple routes at the new Cedarland vivastation, on the south side of Cedarland at Warden. The rapidway extends along the south lanes of Cedarland and the west lanes of Warden instead of in the centre of the roadway. This allows buses to transition to the rapidway on Enterprise Drive east of Warden. During this first week of the new service, YRT / Viva teams will be on the street to help passengers and answer any questions.
Motorists should be aware of the rapidway lanes as they turn onto South Town Centre from Highway 7, or onto Cedarland from South Town Centre.
By next summer, crews will:
- apply a red top-coat of pavement to the “Bus Only” lanes;
- complete sidewalks completed on the west side of South Town Centre, the north side of Cedarland and the south side of Clegg Road;
- plant shrubs and trees in planter boxes; and
- pave traffic lanes with a final coat.
During Highway 7 rapidway construction, expect delays for:
- TTC buses operating along the 24 Victoria Park, 68 Warden and 224 Victoria Park North routes; and
- YRT buses operating along the Viva green, Viva pink, Viva purple, 1 Highway 7, 224B Woodbine, 300 Business express and 302 Unionville express routes.
YRT continues to detour buses operating along the 302 Unionville express route, during ongoing construction on South Town Centre Boulevard and Cedarland Drive.