(They’re building new tracks to connect the future Leslie Barns streetcar maintenance and storage facility to the tracks on Queen Street East.)
The contractors have scheduled crews to work tomorrow, Saturday, September 6 from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m., when they’re:
- preparing track foundations on Leslie Street between Eastern Avenue and Mosley Street.
Starting Monday, September 8, crews will partially reopen the intersection of Commissioners and Leslie Streets.
- Eastbound vehicles on Commissioners can turn southward onto Leslie.
- Northbound vehicles on Leslie turn westward onto Commissioners.
Both south- and northbound traffic will share a single lane on Leslie south of Commissioners. A “paid-duty” Toronto Police Service officer of a flag-person will direct traffic through this part of Leslie.
Crews will close Leslie Street between the north driveway into Canadian Tire and Commissioners street to connect sanitary and storm sewers and water-mains. This section of Leslie remains closed until at least the end of September.
- Access to the Canadian Tire plaza from Leslie Street and Lake Shore Boulevard remains available.
- Southbound traffic on Leslie can’t access Commissioners from Lake Shore Boulevard East.
- Likewise, northbound traffic can’t access Lake Shore East from from Commissioners.
The TTC continues to detour buses operating along the 31B branch of the 31 Greenwood route.
Starting Monday, it will revise the detour routing for buses operating along the 83 Jones route.
While the Eastern / Leslie intersection is closed, it’s also detouring buses operating along the 143 Downtown / Beach express route.
Starting Monday, September 8, southbound buses operate along their regular route to Jones Avenue and Queen Street East, then detour:
westward along Queen East;
southward along Carlaw Avenue;
eastward along Commissioners Street; and then
southward into Lakeshore Garage,
ending their trips.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Leslie Street south of Queen Street East, at Eastern Avenue, south of Mosley Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East and at Commissioners Street,
- on Commissioners Street beside #600 Commissioners and the Lakeshore Garage and
- in the Lakeshore Garage loop.
Instead, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Queen Street East at Brooklin and Pape Avenues,
- on Carlaw Avenue at Eastern Avenue and Lake Shore Boulevard East, south of Lake Shore Boulevard and at Commissioners Street.
Northbound buses start their trips in Lakeshore Garage loop, then proceed:
westward along Commissioners Street;
northward along Carlaw Avenue; and then
eastward along Queen Street East to Jones Avenue,
resuming their regular route northward along Jones.
Northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers in temporary stops
- on Carlaw Avenue north of Commissioners Street, Lake Shore Boulevard East and Eastern Avenue and at Queen Street East and
- on Queen Street East at Caroline Avenue.
- TTC — Leslie Barns project