Update — Monday, October 24, 2015, 9:33 a.m.: Construction on the Transitway has progressed so that the City can re-open Commerce Boulevard, but also close Explorer Drive. MiWay and the TTC are revising detour routings, starting Wednesday, October 26.
Update — Saturday, November 15, 2014, 3:52 p.m.: Since construction is ongoing for the long term, MiWay is making the detours off Spectrum Way for MiLocal buses operating along the 7 Airport route and MiExpress buses operating along the 109 Meadowvale route a permanent part of the bus-route network, starting Monday, November 17.
Update — Thursday, October 16, 2014, 2:22 p.m.: Transitway construction now blocks access from Eglinton Avenue West to nearby Orbitor Drive. MiWay is now also detouring buses operating along the 35 / 35A Eglinton MiLocal and 109 Meadowvale MiExpress routes.
Update — Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 9:03 a.m.: Construction of the future Spectrum transitway station now blocks all pedestrian access from Eglinton Avenue West to Spectrum Way. Passengers riding MiWay buses operating along the 7 Airport, 35 / 35A Eglinton, 72 Timberlea, 87 Meadowvale - Skymark MiLocal routes and the 109 Meadowvale MiExpress route must transfer at Skymark Hub to routes 43 Matheson - Argentia, 73 Kamata MiLocal routes and 107 Malton MiExpress route to access properties on Spectrum. View the map here. (.pdf)
The City of Mississauga is closing
- Spectrum Way between Matheson Boulevard East and Eglinton Avenue East
during construction of the Mississauga Transitway on Eglinton East, starting Monday, April 14.
MiWay is detouring buses operating along the 7 Airport MiLocal route, while the street is closed. It’s also slightly revising service along the 107 Malton MiExpress route to accommodate the changes to the MiLocal route.
Construction continues “until further notice”.
Starting Monday, April 14, southbound buses operate along their regular route to Matheson Boulevard East and Satellite Drive, then detour:
southward along Satellite; and then
westward along Eglinton Avenue East to Spectrum Way,
resuming their regular route westward along Eglinton East.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Matheson Boulevard East at Solar Drive and
- on Spectrum Way south of Matheson Boulevard East [three stops] and at Eglinton Avenue East.
Instead, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Satellite Drive at Eglinton Avenue East and
- on Eglinton Avenue East at Spectrum Way.
Northbound buses reverse the southbound detour routing.
Northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Spectrum Way north of Eglinton Avenue East [two stops] and at Matheson Boulevard East and
- on Matheson Boulevard East across from Solar Drive and at Satellite Drive.
Instead, northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Eglinton Avenue East at Rakeley Court and
- on Satellite Drive at Skymark Avenue.
Starting Monday, April 14, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at a temporary stop
- on Matheson Boulevard East across from Spectrum Way.
Northbound buses serve a temporary stop
- on Matheson Boulevard East at Spectrum Way.
You can view a map of the detour routing here. (.pdf)