Update — Thursday, April 10, 6:43 p.m.: Today, the TTC published information about the detour on its website and provided a map of the detour routing, which we’ve now added to this post.
(They’re building new tracks to connect the future Leslie Barns streetcar maintenance and storage facility to the tracks on Queen Street East.)
Starting Monday, January 20, work on the project progressed to the intersection of Leslie with Queen Street East. Occasionally, since Friday, February 14, contractors have blocked parts of the intersection, making turns difficult for drivers operating the buses on the route, so the TTC has been detouring the buses further. Starting today, Thursday, March 6, the TTC makes that detour routing permanent — or at least permanent for the near future.
Starting Thursday, March 6, southbound buses operate along their regular route to Jones Avenue and Queen Street East, then detour:
westward along Queen East;
southward along Carlaw Avenue; and
westward along Lake Shore Boulevard East to Leslie Street,
resuming their regular route southward along Leslie.
Southbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Leslie Street south of Queen Street East at Eastern Avenue and south of Mosley Street.
Instead, southbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Queen Street East at Brooklyn and Pape Avenues and
- on Carlaw Avenue at Eastern Avenue.
Northbound buses start their trips at Lakeshore Garage, as usual, then proceed:
westward along Commissioners;
northward along Carlaw Avenue; and then
eastward along Queen Street East to Jones Avenue
resuming their regular route northward along Jones.
Northbound buses skip their regular stops
- on Commissioners Street beside #s 545 and 853 Commissioners,
- on Leslie Street across from Commissioners and Mosley Streets and north of Eastern Avenue.
Instead, northbound buses drop off or pick up passengers at temporary stops
- on Carlaw Avenue north of Lake Shore Boulevard East and Eastern Avenue and at Queen Street East and
- on Queen Street East at Pape and Caroline Avenues.